21. July 2014 Scripts 7
Bitbucket Backup All Repositories
- How to Backup my entire bitbucket accounts to a local system.
- Backup should be easily restorable to any git provider.
- Restore should contain the branches, tags and commit history.
- Bitbucket backup script
- Please go the GitHub Repository and Click Download as ZIP.
- Read the repo information (readme) file for details on the setup.
- Run it from any Local / Dedicated server connected to the internet and you are ready to go.
- You can set it as a cronjob to execute on a daily basis. Note: Please note that this script is in Alpha stage. But still it will do the job.
- You can simply create a backup retention with shell script or with your backup device. – You can use s3cmd command on the server to upload it to s3 of AWS
- Upload to Dropbox with Dropbtobox CLI script
Restoring the Backup
- Please refer here How to restore the .git backup to a repository